To sign up or for more information, please
us at any time.
Before you engage in any strenuous physical activity, it's important to evaluate your physical readiness by taking the
Physical Activity Readiness
PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) is designed to help you help yourself. Many health benefits are
associated with regular exercise, and the completion of the PAR-Q is a sensible
first step to take if you are planning to increase the amount of physical
activity in your life.
For most people physical activity should not pose any problem or hazard, PAR-Q
has been designed to help identify the small number of adults for whom physical
activity might be inappropriate, or those who should seek medical advice
concerning the type of activity most suitable for them.
Common sense is your best guide in answering the few questions. Please read them
carefully and decide YES or NO if it applies to you.
If you have answered Yes to any of the above questions and have not recently
done so, please consult with your personal physician BEFORE increasing your
physical activity and/or taking a fitness test. Tell your physician what
questions you answered YES on Par-Q or show him or her your copy.
- Has a doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and recommends only
medically supervised activity?
- Do you have chest pain brought on by physical activity?
- Have you developed chest pain the past month?
- Do you tend to lose consciousness or fall over as a result of dizziness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be aggravated by the proposed
- Has a doctor ever recommended medication for your blood pressure or heart
- Are you aware from your own experience, or a doctor's advice, of any other
physical reasons against your exercising without medical supervision?